Thursday 5 June 2014

Recipe: Victoria Sponge Cake (Victoria Sandwich)

One of my favourite things to bake is a good cake and I always seem to crave a slice of Victoria Sponge Cake its one of my favourite cakes to eat. However I have to say I never seem to make my Victoria Sponge look like the photos  you see on recipe websites but it still tastes great. 

This is how I made mine:  

Ingredients:
225g Margarine
225g Caster Sugar
2225g Self-Raising Flour
2 tsp of Baking Powder
4 Eggs


How to make:
1. Preheat your oven to 180 C (gas mark 4) and grease and line two cake tins
2. Using an electric hand mixer mix together margarine, caster sugar, flour, baking powder in a bowl until well mixed
 
3. Spoon the mixture equally into the two cake tins and smooth over the tops. Place on the middle shelf and bake between 20 to 30 minutes until it has shrink away from the sides.
 
4. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes, and then push them out of cake tins onto a cooling rack

To decorate the cake:
100g Margarine
140g Icing Sugar
Strawberry Jam

Place margarine and icing sugar in bowl and mix together to make butter cream
Then cover one half of the cake with the butter cream and then cover with Jam.
Place the other half on top, sprinkle with icing sugar and you're done



The original recipe came from here I just change the inside ingredients


xxx

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to try this. It looks super delicious!

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm, i really want to eat this now! (or literally anything with jam on it - i'll take it!) I haven't baked in ages but i'll bookmark this and will give it a go soon x

    ReplyDelete