Saturday 12 July 2014

Review: Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Nintendo 3DS)

Sorry for the lack of blog post these past weeks it's because it is all down this game called Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: AceAttorney for 3DS. This game has had me hooked on my 3DS for days so it is only right I do a blog post about my thoughts on it. To be honest I am not a big gamer and the only game systems I own in my life are a Nintendo 3DSxl and a Dreamcast.
Since completing the Professor Layton series a month's back I have seemed to abandon my 3DS for a while because I didn't know what to play next. Sure, I was playing on Animal Crossing on and off however I just missed the gripping storylines and mysteries to solve. To be honest I was in two minds whether or not to buy this game because I loved the professor Layton series however I had never played any of the Ace Attorney series, so I wasn't sure if I would like that side of that game and was the reason why I was putting of getting it. However last week I finally gave into my doubts and brought it and I am so glad that I did.

Soon as you start the game the storyline is so gripping and makes you want to play on for hours just so you don't have to turn the game of at a cliff-hanger. I love how both sets of character come together in the storyline and to be honest I am thinking about playing the Ace Attorney games now because of it, I just loved the characters in this game. I also so am amazed at the graphic, mini video clips, voices of the characters and how well the storyline is planned out.

The plot line: The way in which both character come together is due to a girl called Espella who is from a place called Labyrinthia that doesn't exist on a map. She is trying to escape from some witches that were chasing her and she arrives at Professor Layton office holding a book and asks the Professor Layton and Luke tries to help her. Luke the sees a bird at the window which turns out to be a witch in disuse and kidnaps Espella dropping the book she is carrying. The book is based on the history of Labyrinthia and inside the book it shows what will happen in the future. The professor and Luke open the book and are absorbed into the book and end up in Labyrinthia. Meanwhile at the same time Phoenix Wright and his assistant Maya have come over to London for a one of court case. Low and behold their client they are defending is Espella after the court case she leaves her book behind. So Phoenix and Maya open the book and are transported into Labyrinthia. Then both sets of characters end up meeting and working together to find out the secrets of Labyrinthia.

For me personally if you have never played either of the Ace Attorney or Professor Layton games I think this game is a great starting point for anyone who is thinking about getting into them. Sure there are a few characters that I remembered for the Professor Layton series but to be honest that is it. Overall it has to be my favourite game that I have played so far this year and I am kind of sad it all over I really open both Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright have more games coming out for the 3DS.


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment