Tuesday 13 May 2014

Recipe: Butterfly Cupcakes

I use to love making these cupcakes when I was little with my Grandma and I still do now, so I thought I would share the recipe with you. These are so simple to make and are perfect for any tea party.
Ingredients:
8oz Margarine
8oz Caster Sugar
8oz Self-Raising Flour
4 Eggs

To decorate the cupcakes:
5oz Margarine
10oz Icing Sugar

How to make:
1. Preheat your oven to 180 C (gas mark 4) and line two bun trays with bun cases (makes around 24 buns) 
2. Using an electric hand mixer mix together margarine, caster sugar and flour
3. Spoon the mixture into the bun cases and place into the oven for 20 minutes
4. Remove from the oven and leave to cool
5. Mix the Icing Sugar and Margarine together to form the butter cream
6. With a knife cut a circle from the top of the cupcake and remove and cut in half to make the wings
7. Spoon in a bit of jam and then place on top a spoon full of butter cream inside the cupcake and stick the wings back onto the top at an angle 

To make chocolate butterfly cupcakes add 2 tablespoons of chocolate powder to the mixture at step 2 and for the icing add a bit into the butter cream. 

xxx

2 comments:

  1. This made me so hungry. I'd eat all of them in just one sitting!

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send some to Sheff!! ������

    ReplyDelete